2. Requirements to be met by the applicant
- He / She should be more than 25 years of age.
- The age gap between the applicant and the adoptee child should be at least 21 years.
- This will not apply if the child concerned is a descendant of the applicant / his brother or sister / any of their married partners.
3. Child's consent is required if he / she is over 10 years old
4. Spouses (husband and wife) should produce an application
5. Order of adoption is issued by the District Court
6. This order should be registered at the Registrar General's Department
7. Birth of the adoption child can be re-registered
8. Following documents should be submitted for re-registration of such birth
- Application for a re-registration of a birth
- Parents' certificate of Marriage
- Parents' certificates Births
- Certificate of the Adoption
9. The application for re-registration of a birth should be produced to the Zonal Office of the Registrar General's Department to which the area where the child is born belongs to.